Friday, May 25, 2012

The UPS Dude

     I have been to the UPS store every evening this week overnighting something vital to the adoption somewhere important, so I've gotten to know the UPS Dude well. His name is Terry and he now knows how to meet ALL my mailing needs...including giving me the quickest route to catch the last UPS truck of the night that has already left the dock. (OH, I caught it alright!) 
     Of the $203.48 that I spent this week in shipping, the most treasured swipe of the credit card was for this package...
Little One's first gift.  A lovey (with my social worker appointed fragrance on it) & a story book of family photos...translated into Mandarin.  My first hope is that this package actually arrives (apparently not all countries have the sleet-snow-rain-sun mantra that our postmen have), and my second is that Little One's foster mother sits with our guy on her lap & reads him the story of the people who love him in the crazy American town with a Space Needle...for his sake and for hers.  Little One has been in her home and in her arms for over a year now.  I want her to know that he will be safe and loved and cared for...
     UPS Dude-Terry says he'll do everything he can to get this precious package where it needs to go.  UPS Dude-Terry has no reason to lie to me so I believe he might actually put this package on the plane himself!  Who knew that a UPS Dude would be a part of our story?!

No comments:

Post a Comment