Happy Family Day, Isaac!!!
We've been a family for THREE MONTHS!
We've been a family for THREE MONTHS!
Isaac, you've been a pretty busy guy this last month. What do you think of all your therapy friends coming to the house?
Mostly, my therapy friends just let me play and then talk to Momma about things I can work on. Sometimes if therapy time is right after nap I don't want to play with them. Momma says that's OK, we'll play next time. BUT sometimes I play a joke on my therapy friends and I don't do anything they want me to...until they leave! Then I do ALL their tricks perfectly when they aren't watching with their clipboards. Momma says that's not funny...but then she laughs when she walks away, so I know it's alright. :)
You went to your first Harvest Party. How was that for you?
Momma was excited about putting me in the funny pajamas, so I looked like a panda. I didn't quite understand it, but there was a string for me to chew on so I went with it. My cousins came dressed up to the party too and I got to watch them play games and put candy in their bags. Momma says that maybe I can have a taste of the candy next year.
What do you like to do when your Momma is busy in the house?
When Momma is cooking cold foods she puts me on the counter and lets me help, but when it's hot food I have to stay on the floor. That's OK. I've been working hard at rearranging her Tupperware drawers. She had all the same shapes and sizes together, which is no fun at all. I've almost got it to where she can't find any lid to match the container! What she doesn't know is that some of the lids are under the oven and some are under the fridge...that'll be super fun surprise for her to find later!! When Momma goes in the other room to get something, sometimes I crawl as fast as I can to hide behind the curtains. When she finds me I get tickled and we laugh and laugh!
What toys are you playing with right now?
I like to open and close old VHS cases over & over again. I am also strong enough now to climb up on my chair and bang on the window. The birds fly away super fast when I do that! I also like to get my books and point to the pictures on the pages and tell stories like my teachers at Kollege do during circle time.
What foods are you fond of this month?
At Kollege one day they had banana pudding for snack and it was so good I ate TWO BOWLS of it. The next day they had jello with fruit in it and I ate THREE BOWLS of that. That stuff is delicious!! Mostly, I eat whatever Momma is eating after she chops it up for me. I still don't like beans and I haven't figured out yet how to eat peanut butter without getting my tongue stuck in the top of my mouth. Maybe if they put it in jello...!!!
What do you have planned for the next month, Isaac?
I still have lots of therapy appointments, but Momma says there is going to be lots of fun stuff to do too. Something about holidays...? We don't have those in China, so I'm excited to see what this is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment