I didn't think it was an especially noteworthy week, but once I got to flipping through the pictures on my phone & camera from this week...turns out we had a good time!
Many people have asked me how long I'm going to keep up with the weekly updates. The answer is...I don't know. :) It was never really my intention to do this to begin with; it just kind of happened, and I'm super glad it has. In prepping to go to China, I followed several other families and their adoption stories through their blogs. I was absolutely engrossed and SO unbelievably excited when I knew they were coming home with their sweet one. But inevitably, as soon as they were back to real life the updates went absolutely silent. Crickets. Clearly, they weren't thinking about MY needs! Bond with your kiddo already, but keep me updated! I want to know what's going on!! (I joke. Entering back into life post adoption is HARD). So to avoid offending the nine people I knew were following our story (turns out we have close to 3,000!), I had planned to update weekly for a month and then gradually wean off to oblivion. But as I started snapping photos through the week with the sole purpose of having something to post on the blog, I found myself looking at our day to day events in a totally different light. The mundane snapshots of our day were the exciting events! Ultimately, the things I desperately want to remember: touching grass for the first time, walking like a drunk monkey, little feet sticking through hospital crib bars, my boy peeing into his own mouth during a diaper change (that happened yesterday and I've been told that while I should be very proud of my son's skills, I probably shouldn't post any photos...) And I suppose it's more than just not wanting to forget; it's making sure I SEE & LIVE the little events of our lives as significant and worthy of our time on this earth...God does. So, I'll continue to post random photos of our life on a weekly basis until I don't anymore. It may be until summer, maybe until a notable birthday or anniversary. At some point "Four Hundred Fifteen Weeks Together" is a little over the top, but I really don't feel any obligation to hit a certain date or number. I'll just go until I don't...Forrest Gump style. :)
 |
Playing with Cousin Magdalene.
Cousin Vaughn didn't want to be in the picture "cuz dats when Isaac does sump'in to me".
The Christmas Cousin Photoshoot must still be fresh in his mind! |
 |
After Service Fellowship, toddler style
"How you doin'?" |
 |
| Warm enough to go to the park! |
 |
Yeah swinging!!
It took him a minute to decide he was having a good time, then it was ALL smiles & giggles! |
 |
| 61degrees in Seattle...heaven! |
 |
Having some snack
(That would be the Ode To Isaac wall behind him...) |
 |
| Trip to the toy store! |
 |
Coloring with Gramma
(I LOVE his little legs hanging down!) |
 |
| Playing hide & seek |
No comments:
Post a Comment