Friday, April 12, 2013

Eight Month Update--An Interview with Isaac Himself

Happy Family Day, Isaac!!!
We've been a family for EIGHT MONTHS!
 
 
 
April 2013 (& the toy of the hour)
So...what have you been up to?
Mostly just trying not to get sick again. A couple of weeks ago, I got another fever and got really sick at Kollege, but Momma came and got me super quick. Then she prayed out loud all the way to my doctor's office. The last time she did that I had to go to the hospital!  This time Dr. C said my ears were sick and I got some medicine. Boy, did I feel better when that medicine started to work! I'm also practicing my throwing and kicking with the red ball. I can throw really far but it doesn't always go where I want it to. So I have to keep practicing. And when I kick I have to think hard first to make my foot go. But if I don't think hard enough both feet kick at the same time and I fall on my buns.
 
What fun things do you like to do outside?
Mostly I like to just GET outside. I pound on the front door so Momma knows that I want to go out! But honestly, I'm still figuring out what to do once I get out there. Sometimes I just sit and watch. I do like to go on walks...but I don't want to hold hands. And I definitely like to eat the dirt...and the grass...and the flowers...and the bugs...and the sand. Momma makes a funny face every time I do that so she must want me to keep doing it! Momma says when it's a little bit drier when can go outside and play in the grass after dinner and play ball and with bubbles and on my slide. That'll be fun! (I think)
 
Have you found any new words to say?
I can say A LOT of words with my hands. Momma knows what I am saying most of the time, but my teachers at Kollege are still learning. They try really hard though. Momma brought one of my signing videos to Kollege so I can help teach all my friends & teachers to talk with their hands like me! There is a lady in the front row at church that SINGS with her hands, but I can't do that yet. Miss Michelle comes to my house every week to help me use my words, but I like to play a fun trick on her and not make ANY noise when she is there, then when she leaves...I makes ALL the words with my mouth!  Isn't that a GREAT game?!!  That's when Momma rolls her eyes at me and says I get that from my father's side of the family, but I don't know what that means.  Mostly I like to use my words when Miss Michelle is not here or when I'm in the bathtub. I can say "bye-bye wah-wah" when the water goes away. And I can say 'buh-buh" when I want more bubbles and 'pop' when we pop the bubbles with our hands. I can say 'up' and 'yeah!', too and when I'm I don't feel good, I say 'momma'...but only when I'm sick. I don't want her thinking she doesn't have to earn her place.
 
 
Your Momma says you are putting on weight. What new foods are you scarfing down?
CEREAL!!!!!!  Did you know that you can put milk on the cheerios and eat them with a spoon?! You don't have to eat them one by one with your fingers! That is GENIUS! I also like to eat fish but not with the funny sauce that Momma likes. And I like green beans...mostly because Momma eats them with her fingers too. I still drink my special milk to help me grow but at Kollege I drink real milk in a big boy cup just like the other kids. I don't want to drink special milk in a special cup at Kollege when my friends don't do that. I want to do what they are doing!
 
 
Any plans for the coming months?
Momma says there is a special trip coming up and she is super excited about it but she won't tell me where we are going. She did say that I get to go in a swimming pool and it's just like a big bath...except with my diaper on...and no bubbles...and strangers in the tub with me.  Why does that sound like fun??

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Isaac...you are the BEST storyteller in the WORLD! Keep up the great stories!!!

    ReplyDelete