Happy Family Day, Isaac!!!
We've been a family for TEN MONTHS!
I do! Just going in and out of the door is FUN...the rest is icing on the cake. I like to walk & run at the park, mostly because there are so many different people to say HI too. I really like the swing! I didn't used to, but now it's my favorite. That and collecting the most special pieces of bark and throwing it on the slide for the other kids to enjoy when they come down. Momma says not everyone may appreciate my hard work. And when it's hot out side I REALLY like the sprinkler. I try to get the water with my mouth but the wiggly arms move too fast...and then it goes up my nose.
How did your special hearing test go?
I don't remember the actual test, but I did NOT like the poke in my arm beforehand. That was NOT fun. The two nice nurses tried hard to make me feel good while they put the rubber band on my arm, but then they had to poke me two times and I cried REALLY hard...then Momma started to cry a little...then the big boy doctor started to cry! He said he makes him feel bad when little kids cry. After they gave me the sleeping medicine I fell asleep too fast and I guess I stopped breathing a little. (How am I supposed to keep track of all these things? I had just got poked two times!). Momma said the big boy doctor and the nurse had to get moving quick and make sure I kept breathing and had all the oxygen I needed. And that it was very hard to watch because she & Gramma knew exactly what was happening and there was nothing they could do except pray quietly(...and mean it!) After my body calmed down they checked my hearing then I woke up in Momma's arms and got to eat some goldfishes and go away from the poking people. I might get a Super-Ear to help me hear better but I'm glad I don't have to do that special test again.
What new foods are you eating?
Um...some days I don't want to eat, but then other days I eat A LOT. Momma makes special chicken strips for me; I like those 'cuz you can eat them with your fingers. And I like to see how many grapes & blueberries I can stick in my mouth. Momma doesn't like that game so much; she says I can do that when I'm big enough to ride a bike by myself. I'm also learning to eat corn on the cob just like Momma. She tried to give me a little piece all by itself but I want to have a BIG piece with little sticks to hold on to just like everyone else!
What things does Momma do that make you laugh?
Sometimes when we are playing chase, Momma jumps and says "I got ya!" I LIKE THAT! I laugh and laugh and try to get her to do it again. I also like it when she throws me up-up-up in the air and I fly down into her arms. Sometimes I laugh so hard I fall down on the ground!
What things do you do that makes Momma laugh?
Momma thinks it funny when I walk around the house with my hands behind my back; she says I'm "surveying the kingdom", but I don't know what that means. And anytime I try to do to her what had just been done to me...washing my face, cleaning out my ears, checking my new teeth. I guess maybe I don't do things so softly 'cuz she always laughs and says "hey you, who pays the bills around here?!" I don't know. Momma also laughs hard anytime I grab Gramma's glasses (Gramma doesn't laugh though). She says it's only funny because it KEEPS happening and now I've learned that I can trick Gramma by asking for a kiss, then I grab her glasses SUPER fast!
Any plans for next month?
We get to go on a plane again! Momma says we are going to visit some pretty special people who love me very much and it'll be extra special because it is America's birthday too. Yeah!!
No comments:
Post a Comment