Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Trip To The Mountain

I've been aching for a day trip to Mt. Rainier since Isaac has been home. It's one of my most favorite places on Earth and quite literally in our own backyard (Technically you can see it from our neighbor's front yard, but whatever. That tree between us is bound to get chopped down, I mean pruned appropriately, one of these days).



Blurry, but thankful to the nice lady who snapped the photo.
Hiking up the mountain

It was all fun & games until he landed on the COLD snow.
"Mom---this. is. SNOW!"
Paradise selfie

A big motivator for the day was I just needed a day out...it was my turn to pick our adventure. :) But also, I want to exposure Isaac to lots of 'normal' activities; that he can do ANYTHING anyone else can do. Including hiking down to Narada Falls. He. Did. Great!  I was SO impressed. He was apprehensive at first but he held onto my hand and stayed upright and walked DOWN to the bottom of the falls. We took a picture to commemorate. I'm so proud of my boy!  Then...ONE of us hiked back UP huffing & puffing with 30lbs of extra weight...and the other one ate a chicken nugget.  I'm not saying who, just stating the facts. I will say the rest of the trip became more of a scenic drive.
Top of the falls, guarding his nugget.
 
Baby's first hike!
 
 
On the way home, we drove with the windows down, music up and enjoyed the views. A quick snack stop at Alder Lake in the heat of the day was a perfect end to our trip. 
 


Look at him with his watermelon stained shirt and trouble making eyebrows!
All boy!


I'm loving our adventures together.
And praising God for this beautiful place we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment