Saturday, February 6, 2016

Building Stuff

Has anyone heard of the Kids Workshops at Home Depot??  VERY cool. We made our first field trip there this morning, where Isaac got to build his first real project with real tools all by himself. He did such a GREAT job and was super excited to use the hammer and nails and screw driver. I wish I could have captured his "Mom! I got this." face when I made a sorry attempt to help him.  And oh, the absolute pride that beamed from his face when he got to show Gramma his finished project...PRICELESS!

Lining up the nails in the right spots

Lots of hammering

It's a new way to hold a hammer, but it works

Checking the directions about the placement of the mailbox flag

Hows that for fine motor movement?!


Taking his painting VERY seriously

Certificate of achievement

Checking out his Valentines Mailbox pin.
Hoping to add lots more pins in the months to come.
If you are looking for a fun & FREE event for your kids, check out your local Home Depot for information. I highly recommend it! We'll be back again next month for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment