Thursday, November 22, 2018

Photo A Day 2018: Holiday Edition {Day 1}

I've done this holiday photo project between Thanksgiving & Christmas the last several years, and with exception of the first year, I've loved doing it. For some strange reason it forces pro-activity during a relatively hectic season. It also forces pause. Stop to take the picture, yes, but stop and reflect---are we doing just for the sake of doing? Or am I building memories for my children with meaning & purpose? More importantly, are we pursing Christ through this season of celebration? I want the answer to always be YES. 

I wasn't sure I wanted to do this project this year, having just brought Mila home and already journaling once per week through her first year home. Surely this was too much! While kvetching with my BFF on the phone, she jokingly mentioned her co-worker was doling out free advice that day, so I left the ultimate decision in the hands of a virtual stranger at Pine Meadow Elementary School in central Minnesota. (Why not?

He said YES. 

So here we go...

{DAY 1}: New Thanksgiving Tradition--pie for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment