Let's honor your first moms, I said. Let's take a nice picture, I said.... these are MY goofballs!
They are plotting something, of this I am confident! I think you would be proud of her strength & fortitude! She is so very brave. For all the grey hairs it is giving me, I know it is an important part of who she is and it has ultimately kept her alive. That strength mirrors the part that I know of your story. We are walking a weird line between building infantile trust and adolescent independence at the same time. But she is learning that when I look her in the eyes and ask her to trust me, she will lean in. She has a stellar ear for music and would gladly blast music in her room for hours on end, especially worship. She also has a beautifully social heart--she loves to be with people and to engage them (you can image this global shutdown has been hard for her). Her eyes are the color of caramel coffee and her hair is thick with an auburn highlight, like both her of her mothers (one of the things that I know about you and something I am secretly proud of in that she looks like me). She doesn't fully understand that there is you and there is me but we pray for you, your safety and your heart. I want desperately to stand along side you in Heaven as a completed family...Jesus and His daughters together.
I don't know your story so my heart has the freedom to paint the picture of who you are wider than with Isaac's big sister. I have always blamed his competing cowlicks and funky toenails on his father, but his deep compassion and also his sassy-ness I think both come from your side. He has finally learned how to play and invent and imagine and it brings me great joy to see his mind at work. I want him to be both thoughtful and fearless, which right now it him carefully crafting an obstacle course across the top of the dining room table and back of the couch *wowzers* He makes me proud, even on the days I threaten to BBQ him for dinner. *wink* He loves Jesus and has such a special ministry at school just by being himself. When we are all together again as a family in Heaven, I know he is going to squish the noodles out of both of us--group hugs are his favorite.
To the women who made me a mother...they are safe; you are loved. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment