Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 3 - Beijing

Day three in China.  It's still hard to believe that we are actually here.  We are all still in a strange state of jet lag & disbelief.  I konked out at 7:30 last night, but was wide awake at 3:30am thinking...I'm in Little One's time zone!  For nine months I've gone to bed praying over his nap time & woken up praying over his sleep.  Now I wake up when he wakes up! It's still all a miracle to me. 
     Today, we visited Tiananmen Square. We've all seen the footage from 1989...we were told specifically today that while our guide will take questions privately we were NOT to talk about that day publicly, nor would the government acknowledge that it occurred.  We walked through this place steeped in history & courage and I was so very thankful for my country.  I'm proud of America's ideals and hopes and freedoms.  I'm excited that Little One will have the life and freedom that he would not have here. 
     Just to the north of the square is the Forbidden City.  Oh. My. Goodness.  What an experience that is. I don't know how to do it justice in words or in photos, but I will say this...the China pavilion at Epcot is no where close!  The visit there was amazing...with 1.3 billion of our closest Chinese friends. 
    We also visited a traditional Beijing neighborhood via rickshaw.  Mom was particularly moved by this experience. It was a view into what Little One and his people have experienced for centuries.  Jess got great video of the rickshaw 'event' *smile*.  I haven't figured  out yet how to download that here, but I will...
     This evening we met with our adoption representative.  What a sweet, sweet woman. Over 20 years working with families to bring their children home. One of her return babies (now 6 years old) is on this trip with us to pick up her baby brother.  :)  In a touching moment...that crushed me into a crying mess...she noted that the Chinese Government Adoption Agency said specifically that whomever was adopting Little One "must be extra special to seek out a child like him."  What do you say to that?!  The Lord's plan for Little One has ALWAYS been for good.  His little body was formed perfectly with an extra chromosome of Love.  And that I was chosen to be his forever mommy is a perfect gift that comes straight from Heaven.
   So tomorrow morning (Sunday) we three fly to Guizhou Province and Little One is scheduled to be placed in my arms at 5pm China Time.  Finally...Gotchya Day!
  
No pictures today as I'm having trouble downloading, but there will be TONS tomorrow...most of me crying so be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment