Friends & family,
I'd like to introduce you to...Isaac JianMin White.
Officially declared today an orphan no more! Hallelujah!! Of the 169 million children in this world without a family, there is one less tonight. God is SO good!
![]() |
| He has a mommy! |
Yesterday was a bit overwhelming. Each of the families flew to their respective provinces yesterday morning. I was the only family receiving their child same day, everyone else would receive theirs today (Monday). Unfortunately, our plane was delayed by over 2 & 1/2 hours in Beijing putting us in the provincial capital city of Guiyang more than thirty minutes after I was supposed to receive Isaac at the adoption affairs office. Thankfully a Chinese-Canadian man loaned us his Mandarin and helped us navigate both airports involved. We were whisked into the van by the guide waiting for us and rushed off to the affairs office. I'm thankful that I packed a couple of diapers and a toy in my carry on because I had my son in my arms just 30minutes later!
Seated with his foster mother & grandmother (an unexpected gift! I was told specifically multiple times I would not meet the foster family), Isaac turned right to me and waddled into my arms. I was blubbering so hard I couldn't speak let alone see. Honestly, I didn't get a good look at his face for about 20minutes. He laughed & bounced & played on my lap while his foster family gave me the full report. They also presented me with photos over the last year and a few of his favorite items. The grandmother noted that they had received the package I sent some months ago & had been reading the family book of photos to him every night. (Later at the hotel, I pulled out a copy of the same book and Isaac shrieked when I opened to the Momma page, kissed the pictures and pointed at me! My heart absolutely melted! I am so very thankful for his foster family and the Lord's work in bonding Isaac & I together before I arrived). Jessie took exactly 5,000photos, I cried like a baby and Mom cuddled little Isaac like the pro -grandma that she is.
The adoption office arranged to have me sign all the paperwork that evening (Sunday after hours mind you) so that the finalization would be available first thing this morning. We didn't arrive to our hotel until well after 8pm and Isaac was so wound up that he laughed & played with Auntie Jessie on the bed for a good 30 minutes. (He snorts when he laughs!) He fell asleep with some tears in the bed with me and multiple times during the night he flopped over to find my hair and wriggle his fingers in it. It didn't provide much sleep for me, but that he was safe & sound and sleeping so close to me was perfect. It must have been a big day for him too, as he slept for nearly 12 hours! Our guide took us back to the adoption affairs office this morning for the presentation of the Official Declaration of Adoption. You can see the photo below. It was a moving moment and very joyful. He is now officially my son.
![]() |
| Going back to the adoption agency. |
![]() |
| Adoption Office |
![]() |
| It's official! Orphan, no more! |




This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete